(Jerusalem Post) Only a day after multiple bomb attacks in the Egyptian Sharm e-Sheikh resort killed over 90 people, a man detonated a bomb several kilometers from the Pyramids of Giza on Sunday, police said.

The man was critically wounded, but the blast caused no other casualties.

Investigators were trying to determine whether the man was heading for the nearby tourist area of Kerdassa, a bazaar of souvenir shops near the Pyramids, a senior security official involved in the investigation said.

The device, which the man was carrying in a sack, apparently went off accidentally in the neighborhood of Kufr Tuhurmus, several kilometers (miles) from Kerdassa, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe.

Security has been hiked up in many parts of Cairo after a string of simultaneous bombings in the Red Sea resort of Sharm e-Sheikh killed 90 people early Saturday.

Two car bombs, apparently driven by suicide attackers, detonated at the hotel in Sharm's main strip of Naama Bay and three kilometers away at a minibus lot in the Old Market, an area frequented by Egyptians who work at Sharm's resorts.

A third blast, from a bomb hidden in a sack, went off about the same time near a boardwalk along the beach where tourists often stroll at night.

The force of the explosion was so strong it blew out windows a kilometer away, and sent hundreds of hysterical tourists and Egyptians running into the streets.

Egypt has arrested over 70 people for questioning over the bombings.

Egypt's interior minister said investigators were looking into whether there were links between the Sharm blasts and the bombings last October in Taba, which killed 34 people, including 13 Israeli. Both attacks were perpetrated despite the massive presence of Egyptian security forces in Sinai, a strategically important area bordering Israel and the Gaza Strip.

Local investigators were also examining the possibility that foreigners carried out the blasts that leveled the reception area of the luxury Ghazala Garden Hotel in Sharm e-Sheikh's popular Naama Bay district and ripped apart a coffee house crowded with Egyptians in the nearby Old Market.

Most of the victims were Egyptian, but a number of tourists were also counted among the dead, including two Britons, two Germans, an Italian and a Czech.

Sana Hussein Agbariya, from the Israeli-Arab village of Musmus, who was lightly wounded in the attack, was the only Israeli casualty reported; some 10,000 Israelis were in Sinai when the attack occurred, but most were vacationing further north.

An Israeli Embassy representative visited Agbariya in the Egyptian hospital where she was taken for treatment. She was taken back to Israel soon after by ambulance, and by Saturday evening she arrived at the Taba border crossing, where Magen David Adom ambulances took her to Yoseftal Hospital in Eilat, MDA reported. She was later released.

Both an al-Qaida-linked group and a previously unknown, apparently local group, claimed responsibility for the well-coordinated attacks.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak vowed to hunt down the culprits. Mubarak flew into Sharm e-Sheikh and went directly to inspect the scene at the hotel. Heavily armed security forces guarded Mubarak as he walked past the bomb-ravaged complex and spoke with officials.

"This cowardly, criminal act is aimed at undermining Egypt's security and stability and harming its people and its guests," Mubarak said during a live, nationally televised broadcast.

"This will only increase our determination in chasing terrorism, cornering it and uprooting it."

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon called Mubarak Saturday evening and expressed the country's condolences over the deaths in the blasts.

Sharon told Mubarak that compromises must not be made with extreme Islamic terrorists and that they must be fought with all means possible.

According to the Prime Minister's Office, Mubarak thanked Sharon for his call and said that Egypt and Israel would continue to cooperate in fighting extremists.

Vice Prime Minister Shimon Peres issued a statement saying that "the entire world must fight together against terrorism. Our heart is with the Egyptian people and President Mubarak during their time of pain over the loss of so many innocents."

President Moshe Katsav also expressed condolences.

US President George W. Bush also phoned Mubarak to offer his support. "Standing together with the rest of the civilized world, we will win the conflict against this global scourge," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.